I adapted this recipe from one featured on Just a Pinch Recipe Club’s site. My adaptions include substituting light butter for margarine to eliminate trans fats and adding in some white flour to keep the cookies from being too heavy. You may prefer to check out the original recipe instead.
- 1/2 cup light butter softened
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts…optional.