Weight Loss Network Notes: We tried Tony Little’s Rock and Roll Stepper. It looked like a lot of fun on the infomercial and given that I’m not a big fan of exercise, I thought it might be something I would actually do! In reality, I’m still a lazy slob who gets bored with exercise quickly.
The Rock and Roll Stepper is small and light so it’s easily portable. I had great intentions to take it with me when I travel for work but when it came down to reality, I just didn’t want to schlep it around. It’s not small enough to pack in a suitcase and carrying it around wasn’t high on my list.
The concept of it is great and the price was reasonable, but I didn’t feel like it really met my hopes for it. It measures your steps and calories while it definitely works your legs and core. I found that it had a tendency to sort of move around the room and I never felt very stable on it. I’m a little uncoordinated so I was always worrying that I would fall off and hurt myself. If you’re more coordinated than me and you actually like doing repetitive exercises, you might have better luck with it!
Tony Little’s 10 Recommendations for Losing Weight
1. Choose lean protein choices, such as eggs, egg substitutes, lean beef, turkey, chicken, fish, “tofu for vegetarian.” Only broil, bake, boil or poach. Only olive oil or PAM.
2. Minimize consumption of high glycemic carbohydrates (carbs that make your blood sugar spike) such as white rice, sugar, certain pastas and potatoes. Certain cereals are ok. (Use a low glycemic list for good body choices).
3. When eating carbs, eat them with proteins and keep portion size small.
4. Eat high fiber foods or add fiber to your diet.
5. Water, Water, WATER. Drink lots of water daily. Drink it before a meal to help get you fuller quicker.
6. Try to keep your daily food intake at 40% protein, 40% carbohydrate, 20% fat which is normally found in the foods that you eat.
7. Eat 4-6 small meals a day. Eat fewer meals if you use a high protein shake or bar for one of the meals.
8. Portion sizes of everything should be the size of your fist. Protein can be more if you are exercising.
9. When eating out remember to have your food cooked the right way. You are paying. Limit condiments on food and you will actually begin to notice the quality of food.
10. Exercise: Cardio exercise at least 20-30 minutes 3 times a week and resistance exercise with weights or machines 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes using mostly large muscle groups to increase your metabolism.